Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Exploration Five: Review From Alexander Enders

     One observation I had from Chapter five about reviews was that when you review something you must do it with an open mind.  This means that even if people hate or love a certain item and you are the person reviewing it you must keep an open mind about the item so that you may make an honest and clean review. In turn, the people or persons that want to read your review may be able to not only get a good idea around the item or idea that you reviewed, but they may also know that it is honest and just.
     Another observation I had from the chapter was once you have come to your conclusion for the review of that certain item or article you must give reasons and arguments to persuade people to look at that certain item the way you did. Seth Schiesel did a great job of this in his review titled "Grand Theft Auto Takes On New York". Throughout this review Seth talks not only about the video game and how it is almost an exact replica of New York, but he states many examples of how the video game correlates with real life New York as well. For example one way that Seth showed how the game correlated with the real world was on page 170 when he said "It looks like New York. It sounds New York. It feels like New York. Liberty City has been so meticulously created it almost even smells like New York".This really showed how the video game creator did a great job of creating a virtual game that was relatable to real life and how to use examples from the item your reviewing to get your view across.
     I use reviews in my life all the time to help me make decisions about certain things. A couple years ago my LG G4 phone was dying on me. Not only was the battery life minimal but the phone's quickness was no longer there. I in turn decided to start looking for a new phone. I had always wanted an IPhone so I started looking at reviews of the IPhone 6, 6s, and the 7.  When I was reading the reviews I slowly learned that the 6s and the 7 were way better than the 6. In addition, as I read deeper into the reviews I learned that I could get just about the same features and apps that I would get on the IPhone 7 like texting, calling, Facetime, etc that I would get on the IPhone 6s for cheaper. Furthermore, I decided to buy the IPhone 6s and I have been happy with it ever sense.
IPhone 6s

4 comments:

  1. I also did the same thing with my phone! I just purchased it over the summer and contemplated over the 6s and 7, since I was buying it with my own money. But, I actually ended up buying the 7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a really important point that you brought to light. You can't be biased while writing a review. You have to be steady minded and not let your emotions overtake the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also bought the iphone 6s for the same reasons. I too wanted to know the differences between all of the phones, and ended up purchasing the 6s. I agree that reviewers need to tell the truth about what they are reviewing. Nowadays reviewers seem to be paid off, and are simply reporting what the companies want the consumers to here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also do this every time I get a new iPhone. When I was writing my post I didn't even realize I checked reviews on new phones until I read your post. Good example! Phones just cost way too much money to guess which one is worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.