Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Exploration Five: Joey Tinnerello

          In paragraph five, I found it interesting how Newman explained that Nickelback was back to producing themselves after learning a lesson from letting a person produce a previous album that only produced one smash hit, "Photograph." She then went onto explain that even without their previous producer, Mutt Lunge, their new album was very similar. I found the authors take on this album interesting. When she said that Nickelback wasn't going down without a fight right from the start of the album, I agreed. Another part that I thought was interesting was when the author explained in paragraph eight how Nickelback seems to totally objectify women and then come back with another song about love. it almost seemed as if she was trying to get a pint across that the album was not only controversial, but very contradictory of itself. In the review before the story, i didn't really agree with a few parts. One part i specifically didn't agree with was when it talked about how the album received a fifty-one on the metascore, when only nine people wrote reviews. This makes no sense to me and isn't really fair. For an album that went 50x platinum, I don't believe it's entirely fair that only nine people wrote reviews, when 50 million bought the album. There will be bad reviews about any album that is put out, and half of these nine just so happened to be negative.
          I don't use reviews often, but when I do, it's normally for an upscale restaurant, or when I'm looking to purchase a new golf club. At the golf course I work at, my boss is the head professional, so he gives me his take on all of the good products to buy and shows me where I can get the best deals. I try to put this beside the fact and look at what average people have to say about the products they're buying. Although this is one way to make purchases, I think there is a better way. I think that everyone has a different preference on what they're buying, so as they use a product, they really figure out if they like it or not, and that's what reviews are based on. With this being said, everyone can have a different preference for the same product. This is a major reason I don't like reviews. When I buy an item I like to test multiple different brands, and then go from there. Everyone has different taste in things they use and buy.
After hitting multiple shots on the driving range with this
golf club and reading reviews, I decided to buy this golf club.

2 comments:

  1. I like your ideas about reviews. Sometimes they work great, but like you said people have their own taste in things that they use and buy. I think reviews can definitely help, but just because someone else liked something, doesn't mean you will like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was new to golf I also reviewed a good set of clubs to purchase which was very helpful because you want your clubs to last awhile so you can get good use out of them. I agree with your first paragraph that there should be multiple reviews so we can get many different opinions, not just from 9 people.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.