Sunday, October 14, 2018

Exploration 5 by Carlyn Bower

While reading in this chapter, the review that I found that I enjoyed the most was the one that was written around the movie "A Christmas Story". I think this one was the most interesting to me because I have actually seen the movie so I was able to compare the writer's thoughts on the movie with my own. In the other reviews I was unable to do this because I have never listened to Nickelback or played the game Grand Theft Auto.
One thing that I noticed while reading this review is that the author seems to remember the movie very fondly. In fact, he seems to imply that the movie has some sort of correlation to everyone's childhood which makes it very relatable to the viewer. The feeling of the review passage, in my opinion, was a very warm feeling. If I had not already watched the movie before reading this review, I think the passage would have convinced me to.
Another thing that I observed in this review was that it was more focused on the way that the movie made him feel, rather than the content in itself. I thought this was interesting that the author decided to focus on that particular aspect. I think that this was a good method in writing the review because the way that you remember a movie is by how it made you feel overall rather than each and every little thing that happened throughout it.
We also use reviews often in everyday life. An example of this is when buying a car. Before buying my car I went online and looked at some of the models and manufacturers that were available. The reviews on those pages from previous customers were very helpful because I was unable to form my own opinion on the cars, so I used other peoples' and took what they said into account before making any decisions.
Example of a car website where you can see reviews

2 comments:

  1. I really liked how you used Kelly blue book as a example because that's the same exact site I used when I was researching about the car that my grandfather was getting me. I was checking the site for that model because I wanted to know how many seats there were so that I could know how many friends I can have in my truck at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was very interesting that the reviewer spoke about how the movie made him feel, as well as discussing highlights from the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.