An artist that has influenced me in my life is Jon Bellion. One of his most famous songs is All Time Low. He is a Hip Hop and R&B singer. I have been listening to him since I was sixteen. He sings a lot about his personal struggles and his relationship to god. My favorite song of his is Hand of God (Outro). Another singer in this genre is Bruno Mars, he sings happy go lucky songs and songs with deeper meanings, a lot like Jon Bellion.They both sing about their relationship to god and their personal struggles. They are different though because Bruno Mars has to be held to a higher standard than Jon because of his fandom. His music helped me through a bad time in my life. He taught me to look a t the bright side of life and to deal with what’s happening now because in the future things will get better.
This is the album that really got me into his music.
One of my favorites quotes is “I am just a man, I am just a man who lusts, gives, tries sometimes, I just lose my way.” This quote is so powerful because, just because Jon is a successful artist it doesn’t mean is more than just a man. He makes a mistakes just like everyone else. This one quote just emphasizes how he is a normal guy who just got lucky. I believe that you should look at his music because it’s different from the norm of todays music. A lot of his music has good and strong melody’s that can get stuck in your head for hours on end.
This is the link to one of my favorite songs of his, and the song where the quote came from. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg67JLttWVw
Word Count : 309
I have also listened to his music when I came across him on YouTube in the past. I do not usually listen to hip-hop but I enjoyed this artist enough to change my mind.
ReplyDeleteI used to listen to Jon Bellion a ton last year. His music would cheer me up because most of it is really fun and upbeat. My favorite song is either Overwhelming or Luxury.
ReplyDeleteI really like music that has a message like his songs. Like, we are just people and we go through normal people problems, we aren’t superhuman. Something about that music really speaks to me because I can relate to that as I go through every day problems too and maybe what we all need is a little bit of religion to keep our faith.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, I also listen to Jon Bellion on occasion. One of my favorite is All Time Low. I don't really keep up with what he does outside of music so it was interesting to read this and learn more about him.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, I also really enjoy Jon Bellion. I liked the quote you used and the example of the song, because I think it was the best choice. People can really relate to his music. he really does teach how to look on the bright side.
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of Jon Bellion before, I will definitely have to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI used to listen to Jon Bellion and even went to a concert of his. He definitely is someone that can put you in a better mood when you need it, and can listen to his music just about anywhere
ReplyDelete