Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Exploration 5- Evan Burkart

I hardly use reviews for things in life, but one time that I did use one was when I was going to get my first car. My parents and I sat down and looked at cars that had good reviews and were a safe option for a new driver. We looked at a lot of cars that would be a reasonable price and was still a nice first car. A car that I liked was a Toyota Corolla. When we went to different dealerships there were a lot of corolla's and I ended up getting one for my first car. This was a time that reviews helped me because my car has had very little problems and still drives just fine.

An observation I made while reading the passage about Grand Theft Auto is the last sentence where he says he will enjoy the game, even when the real New York City is right outside. This is something video games are very good at. They make reality less exciting for people which makes them rather play video games. Video games take away the real world for people because they are so obsessed with playing a game rather than experiencing real life. A question I have is why do video game designers try to make most games they create so life like or as close to reality as they can get? Does this attract more people to play this game? I would suggest everyone to read this article because of how the video game designers try to get the game as close to real life as they can. In my opinion it is a good review on this game because it provides people a second life they can live which interests people as an escape from reality.


This is the car that I reviewed and purchased.



6 comments:

  1. I haven’t really used car reviews before because my first car was my grandfathers so I didn’t really need to fact check it. But I really like the example you gave about car reviews because it’s really important to check everything about a vehicle because you are investing so much money into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also used reviews to find my first car. What kind of review did you find the most helpful? For example what kind of information were you looking for when you were looking at reviews?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Car! I too had a Corolla years ago. It was a great, reliable car and perfect for my needs at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a good idea that you used reviews when purchasing a car. The only other way to really see if a car is reliable is if you're able to test drive it. My first car was a corolla that was passed down from my dad, they're great cars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was interesting that you also used reviews when choosing your car because I did the same for mine. This goes to show that reviews can be so important in the decision making process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your review example. I too had the same experience with my parents when searching for a car. We ended up buying a Chevy Equinox though. Also, I feel the same way about the Grand Theft Auto article. I too wonder why video game designers try and create their games to be so realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.