In 2010 Eminem released his album Recovery which explained his struggles with drug addiction and how he overcame his addictions. The song that inspires me the most from this album is Not Afraid. Eminem explains how he is not afraid to take a stand against drugs and alcohol and he can help anyone else who is going through the same struggle. He explains how he wanted to lighten up his music and be more vulnerable with the subject at hand. He wanted to help people get through the struggles he went through by writing and rapping about it in his music. Eminem is just one of the rappers/artists that got addicted to drugs and he really set a great example that it doesn't have to ruin your life or your career and he made the absolute best out of the situation.
Eminem is hard to compare to any other other rappers from his time because he was one of the only white male rappers from that era. Eminem is an inspiration to anyone who comes from absolutely nothing because he proved that you can make a name for yourself with hard work and dedication. He was a high school drop out, his family was not supportive, and he faced drug and alcohol addiction but despite all of the terrible things that happened in his life he is extremely successful.
Link to biography about Eminem: https://www.biography.com/people/eminem-9542093
Link to Not Afraid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s
![]() |
| Eminem, he looks different than any other male rapper from the time. |
![]() |
| This is Eminem with Dr Dre, the man who discovered him and helped him become so successful |


Hey I chose Eminem as well! I have been a huge fan since I first heard his music, for the same reasons you described. What is your favorite Eminem song or album? My favorite album would probably be "The Eminem Show" or "The Marshall Mathers LP".
ReplyDeleteEminem receives a lot of hate as a rapper, and has had a very up and down career. I love his music though. Eminem's background is very interesting, he's literally been through the 'ringer' throughout his life. I love that he's overcome all of the adversity and left his mark on the rap game. I'm also a big fan of his most recent album, 'Kamikaze'.
ReplyDeleteEminem is without a doubt one of the most influential artists. His music is so personal and about mostly is about things everyone can relate to. He doesn't hold back with his lyrics and I really like that about him.
ReplyDeleteHe has had so much to deal with in his life. He was also an minority being a white rapper. His song not afraid was a great song. I agree it's very inspirational.
ReplyDeleteHolly, I have always listened to Eminem but I had never learned about his past before. I feel that now that I know that what he raps about is real life experiences makes it that much more inspirational. I will continue to listen to Eminem with an even greater respect due to his past.
ReplyDelete