Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Exploration Six: Eleni Smock

The artist that has had the most impact on me would be Ariana Grande. I have been a big fan of hers since she released her first single, and I have loved her ever since. She is a big inspiration to myself and to fans all around the world.
    Ariana Grande is a 25 year old who started her career in 2008 on the Broadway show 13. She has four studio albums in her discography and is continuing to release music in the future. Ariana was the first person in the history of the Billboard charts to have the lead singles from each of her first three albums to debut within the top 10 in the United States. In August 2018, Ariana released her fourth album, Sweetener which again broke records after records. Her songs definitely have variety to them, but her main genre of music is Pop/Mainstream. From all the records that she has broke, she is known around the world and one of the most popular names in music today. Ariana is a huge inspiration to many of her fans because unfortunately on the Manchester, England stop of the Dangerous Woman tour, a suicide bomber detonated an explosive during this concert. It killed 23 fans and injured 500 spectators. Ariana was devastated but did not sit back and allowed the terrorists to receive the grieving like they wanted. Grande held the One Love Manchester charity event where she raised $23 million to help the 500 families and people that the bombing had effected. Throughout the dark times, Ariana was strong and did not let this define her. She still continues to be a strong female figure in young girls' lives and fights for what she believes in. Ariana's music inspires me because she puts life in to her songs. I find that many of her songs express emotion that you can't put into words and it is just the right thing to hear at the perfect time. She likes to write about times and topics that artists are afraid or aren't known to talk about. Another artist that Ariana gets compared to a lot is Mariah Carey. Even though they are from two different music eras, their vocal ability are very similar. Their genres are almost the same, so they get comparisons all the time. They are both talented, but Ariana and Mariah are two separate and unique artists.
  Here is a link to one of her latest hits, Breathin' where she talks about anxiety, something that I struggle with, and just listening to this song, speaks exactly how I feel at times!             https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BYr1br2Ee4     
Image result for ariana grande manchester one love
Ariana at the One Love Manchester event in 2017
Word Count: 443

10 comments:

  1. I really enjoy always reading about big named celebrities that actually help out the community and not let all the fame go to their head. The fact that she raised money for a charity to give back to the people who were affected by the hombing really gives me hope for humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post you really showed us who Ariana is! That was so terrifying what happened in Manchester. So many bad things have happened to Ariana in 2018 I couldn't imagine dealing with all the things she has gone through, and the fact that she is still making music and giving back is surely amazing. Would you ever go see her in concert or would you be kinda nervous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly been my dream to meet her and see her perform, so when she goes on the Sweetener tour soon, I will definitely be there!

      Delete
  3. I think that your post was a great way to show what a great character Ariana has as a person. I have not listened to her much, but it is inspiring to hear about how much money she was able to raise for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really didn't know much about Ariana Grande as a person, but I really enjoy her music, too. It's amazing that she raised $23 million to help the 500 families that were effected from the bombing. Also, by how much she cares about the communities shows shows how genuine of a person she is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ariana Grande a lot too, I even saw her in concert in early 2017, and I plan to see her again when she comes back to Ohio. I like how you highlighted a few points that prove how she is actually a good person, considering the whole Manchester tragedy, since a lot of people seem to have the mindset that she is a rude person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think of Mariah Carey when I see and hear Ariana aswell. She definitely has a genuine talent in her singing, although I do think her music is a acquired taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't aware of all the great things Ariana did. I think you did a great job explaining why shes such a great inspiration! Even though I don't listen to her, I really appreciate her kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Ariana and I think what she did for those families is so powerful! It shows how genuine and passionate she is. I think its important to listen to an artist that makes positive impacts on the world and society.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not going to lie when "the way" came out with mac miller i was all over that. I bought a CD that only had that song on it. It came with a poster it was super cool.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.