Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Exploration Six: Joey Tinnerello

An artist/ band that has impacted since my childhood is Dave Matthews Band. Their music brings back memories of my childhood and is a good stress reliever. After a long day at school, or just in general, I’ll turn on Dave Matthews just to relax. His music is very soothing as he includes many different instruments such as the saxophone and piano, but still uses the guitar. It’s an extremely soft rock, his voice is unique, but very natural. It does take some getting used to. Dave Matthews Band is different from other bands because of their unique style of making music. Matthews said when he started to put the band together, he would walk in the room, explain what he was trying to get at, and they’d get straight to it. He also stated that all his band members were so good at their craft, so when they made music, they flowed, and it went smoothly. With a song like ‘Crash into Me,’ it describes itself immediately, and as a listener, you understand lyrically what the band is trying to say immediately. It’s a song that you can listen to him sing solo without a band and it sounds fine. In their song ‘drive in, drive out,’ the band is needed, each instrument has a special part, so when you lose one instrument, it’s like a part of the song is missing. I think this band is capable of lifting people up when they’re going through dark times in their life because of their meaningful lyrics and soothing instruments 
As said before Dave Matthews is a different kind of rock. They’re hard to compare to any other artist. They can be a slower rock, and then sometimes up the tempo. But Dave’s voice never changes, and the smooth sound of the instruments is what separates Dave Matthew’s from everyone else. They recently released an album in 2018 and it took me back to their music when they first came together, all my hope came back. It was like they never lost a beat. After listening to their music, you would notice how they separate themselves from other bands, they are just so different stylistically.  
A few songs where Dave Matthews’ have stapled themselves into music history are ‘Crash into Me’, and ‘Idea of You’. As most Dave Matthews fans know, ‘Crash into Me’ is their biggest hit, and this is where they really became huge. This song is in an older album, but the song explains what Dave is going through and really exemplifies the kind of band they are with its’ multitude of instruments. In their most recent album, ‘Idea of You’ appeared and this brought fans back to the past. He explains how he falls so hard to the idea of some, I think this song shows what the band is about lyrically. Emotionally attached to their lyrics and so into every song, Dave Matthews Band is exceptional. The easiest place to find their music is YouTube. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU2E1lX1geY
Dave Matthews Band sitting together for a picture. 
Word Count: 500                       

6 comments:

  1. Joey, I am a fan of Dave Matthews Band as well. My favorite is their hit "Ants Marching". It is interesting to see your perspective on the band. I agree that their music is very relaxing, I like listening to it when I am trying to relax. They are a very different band from others which makes them unique and an interesting band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey, I love your choice. Its awesome to see your perspective on them. It was always a good stress reliever for me when I was little and still is for me. They are very unique and I like your description about it. Very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy this band as well Joey, I have always liked rock songs with a bit of folk mixed in. This band, Imagine Dragons, and other bands like it are my go-to's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Dave Matthews Band!! Many years ago my husband and I landed front row center seats to his outdoor concert in Virginia. It was such an incredible experience to see him and his band perform live. Every bit as good as you would imagine. The best part about the band is how they literally sound like no other band out there. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Brittny! I haven't gotten lucky enough to go to a concert, but my dad has been to countless! You're right, so different from anyone else!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.