English 1110.01 at 11, T-Th
10/16/18
Exploration 6
Word Count: 445
Ashley Nicolette Frangipane famously know as Halsey is 24 years old and has released 3 albums between the years of 2014-2017. Her first album "Room 93" only has 6 songs. Her second album "Badlands" which was the first album I listened to has 16 songs. And her latest album "Hopeless Fountain Kingdom" also has 16 songs. Her genre of music is indie, electropop and synth-pop, and to be honest I don't really know what all of that means I just know that I love her music and I'll tell you why. Her music is so full of emotion especially her first album "Room 93". Her music and albums are also conceptual, it's up to the listener to interpret the lyrics and relate to them however they choose. I still find hidden meanings in her music and sometimes I find new meanings and feelings to relate to. I believe some meanings of songs and song selection change based on moods. And to be honest I never get sick of her music. The badlands CD has been in my car CD player for years now. It doesn't matter what mood I'm in I always find myself listening to her music. Another thing I really love about her music is that it paints a picture for the listener. I can imagine whats going on in the song and play it out in my head. Her songs tell a story. For example one of my favorite songs "Colors" on the Badlands album. She sings about a failing relationship where her partner starts to lose their color or happiness or as Halsey says "watching the vibrancy slowly start to leak out of them, watch the colors start to fade". My favorite lines are "You were red, and you liked me 'cause I was blue, you touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky, and you decided purple just wasn't for you".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trzzg6qL7Ic
I also admire Halsey's belief's and her advocacy for women rights and mental health. She prepared a poem and spoke at the Women's March in January 2018. She spoke about her own sexual abuse experience and the abuse her loved ones around her have faced. She has empowered so many women and gave them the confidence to tell their own story and receive support. Because of this I would compare her to Logic and his advocacy for suicide through his song "1-800-273-8255" which is the suicide hotline number. They both have a passion for spreading the awareness of mental health and giving people the confidence to stand up and say something!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trzzg6qL7Ic
I also admire Halsey's belief's and her advocacy for women rights and mental health. She prepared a poem and spoke at the Women's March in January 2018. She spoke about her own sexual abuse experience and the abuse her loved ones around her have faced. She has empowered so many women and gave them the confidence to tell their own story and receive support. Because of this I would compare her to Logic and his advocacy for suicide through his song "1-800-273-8255" which is the suicide hotline number. They both have a passion for spreading the awareness of mental health and giving people the confidence to stand up and say something!
![]() |
| Hopeless Fountain Kingdom Tour |
Word Count: 445

Hi Tiffany!
ReplyDeleteI would totally agree with you! I think Halsey is such an inspiration and I love the things that she stands up for as a woman. I saw her speech at the Women's March and I thought it was amazing. I think that knowing her beliefs makes me like her music even more.
I love Halsey and her music! I listened to her songs, especially the Badlands or HFK album on repeat. I think it makes it better that she stands up for what she believes in and is a great advocate for many rights. I would love to see her live one day!
ReplyDeleteI dont really listen to Halsey, but I see how she can be a big inspiration. I love that she stands for mental health and women rights because those are very important thing to me and many other people.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your post and hearing about some of the important impacts that Halsey has had as an artist. I did not know before that she stood for women's rights and mental health, but I was happy to discover that she does because these are important topics that other celebrities tend to shy away from.
ReplyDeleteI heard Halsey's speech at the Women's March online and she really is an inspiration for women. Do you think she could be a "face" for feminism?
ReplyDeleteI love how you said she like puts an awareness to mental health, I haven't ever listened to her music really, but it sounds like she has a purpose in the songs she sings.
ReplyDelete