Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Exploration Five- Derrick Thompson

1.) One of the things I noticed in particular was about the last review on Grand Theft Auto IV. I realized that to those that haven't played the game, Grand Theft Auto appears to be this awful kind of game. Don't get me wrong, the concept of the game is terrible. You steal, speed, and kill your way through the game. However, whenever I've played the game the experience almost always feels like dark satire. This made me ask the question: what do outsiders that have never played a series or even a game at all feel about certain series like Grand Theft Auto or even games like Battlefield?

2.)  I use reviews to determine what games I purchase very frequently. I used to never do this and purchased games without second guessing myself. I had a complete change of heart when buying a game called Destiny 2. My friends had been getting me excited for the game and telling me that it was going to be one of the greatest games of the year. I decided I was going to purchase the $90 version of the game. After about a week, I realized that the game was not cut out to this epic game I thought it was going to be. After about two weeks, I had stopped playing altogether. To compare this with other games, even ones I know I won't play often, it takes me about a month to stop playing games that are $20 or less. I had been angry about this for some time and have decided to do much research on a game before making a purchase.


Image result for Destiny 2
The game that made me have a change of heart on reviewing

1 comment:

  1. I also review games before I buy them, and also made the Destiny 2 mistake.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.