Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Exploration 5 Mary Ulicny

Part one: An observation I had the the first review about A Christmas Story was the way they connected the story to childhood back in that day, and how it differs from childhood today. In the 12th paragraph the author Roger Ebert says, "A Christmas Story records a world that no longer exists in America," and he's meaning about the way that kids were left unattended and got into more dangerous acts, like the end of the movie when Ralphie got in the fight, and even the way they walk on their own to school everyday. This is not a common thing anymore, kids aren't usually used to that kind of dependence anymore. America is a dangerous place now, not that it wasn't before, but I think people are just becoming more aware of the way they need to watch over their children to keep them safe. 

Part two: I use reviews a lot when buying things online. Especially from places like Amazon, because you never know what you could be getting. It's possible that the picture linked with your product could be a fake, or not match at all. So I always make sure to read the reviews before buying anything. Also, in the reviews, people often will have posted a picture of what they received, so I can compare and decide for myself if it's actually worth buying. If what the other person got looks like a fake product, or completely different than what I am looking for, I know to not waste my
I use reviews on Amazon to make sure I am buying the right product. 
money.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that it is very important to read the reviews on websites such as amazon and I also use them in this case. They are a resource that can be very beneficial in letting us know the quality of the product using the experiences and opinions of other buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use reviews on amazon all the time as well! I usually use them to review the seller rather than the product like you, but I also use them occasionally to see if the product itself is of interest to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! I think amazon reviews are the best because you can be put into a shady situation if it is not a real product! I also see the very sharp contrasts between the kids in A Christmas Story and now. I think this is why my parents love the movie so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something where reviews really can help. I recently purchased a blow off valve for my car off eBay which was a mistake. The product I ended up buying did not have any reviews but the price was very low. I knew fro the start that it was going to be a fake product but I wasnt sure how bad it would actually be. Turns out the part didnt even fit into the slot in the turbo it goes in. A review would have saved me 40 bucks here.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.