For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

I really enjoyed your presentation because I didn’t know anything about the N.W.A before your presentation! I learned that they were one of the first groups to “earn” the Parental Advisory Explicit Content sticker. The only thing I noticed with your presentation is that you guys seemed a little rushed toward the end so maybe next time you guys could prioritize your information a little better so you are not trying to cram information into the last few seconds. Other than that very well done!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know much about the N.W.A before but you did a great job of explaining why they were iconic. For example, the quote "We just keep it real" from Easy E and the backstory of the group conflict with Jerry and Ice Cube were great points that really helped express why they were iconic. Plus, those expressed to me the people and there attitudes in the N.W.A. Furthermore, if you were to present again you could probably organize the information on the slides a little more professionally.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your presentation because I had always heard a lot about NWA but I never really knew their backstory or even the barriers that they broke down. I really loved how you gave a handout because I was able to actually see what you were talking about without you having to put it up on the screen and go to in depth with it. My only criticism would probably be to just remember to add more of a conclusion to better sum up your presentation!
ReplyDeleteYour presentation was very interesting! I have always been interested in hip-hop as a whole and listening to a presentation dedicated to N.W.A was very insightful for me to hear. The handout was very helpful for me because it helped me better understand what you were presenting. I also really enjoyed the music examples included because we were able to hear what their music was like right then and there. The only criticism I have is that the slides were a little confusing so I would just organize them a little more.
ReplyDeleteI have always heard the song F the police in other outlets as a classic song, but having never looked up the lyrics I never knew that they were being sincere in that message. You set up the information well with background information, but it felt like you were trying to give too much information in the 11 minutes allowed. If you were able to summarize the introduction a little more, you could have given more time for the information at the end, though I know that’s difficult to gauge in a live presentation.
ReplyDeleteThis was a very informative presentation! I didn't even know about this group so I was glad to learn about something new. You guys did a really good job of explaining background information and talking about each main point. My favorite part of the presentation was learning about the L.A riots and how the group contributed to that situation/event. One thing that I think could be improved is the darkness of the slides, overall a great presentation!
ReplyDeleteI liked how you guys went through each member of the group and talked about at least one thing about each one. I’ve heard the song “straight outta Compton” but only in memes and vines and I never actually heard the song from start to finish. One thing that I wish was added was if you talked about what the groups manager, Jerry, had to say when Ice Cube said he was taking money from the other members. One question I has was do you think all the cursing in their songs was really necessary? Other people who fought against discrimination like MLK, got their point across way better and they used no curse words.
ReplyDeleteI thought that your presentation was very well put together and I found it very interesting! One thing that I was most interested in learning was that the N.W.A. actually took part in directing the movie "Straight Out of Compton". One thing that I think could have been improved was the time management. I think that you were able to cover a lot of information within the time limit which was very impressive, however the ending seemed a little rushed. Aside from this minor detail, I have no other criticisms and this was a great presentation!
ReplyDeleteLadies, I admire you both for taking on such a direct topic like N.W.A
ReplyDeleteYou both were very detailed in the facts and full scope of what this group represented and how they impacted/influenced the community. One thing I wondered about this group was just how many albums they sold before breaking up? I think this would have told me just how "big" they actually were. Otherwise nicely done.
I really enjoyed your presentation on the NWA, although i wish i could've presented about them! I still enjoyed your presentation and learned a lot. After listening to your presentation, I understood how hard of a subject it actually would've been to present about. One thing you might've considered is profiling the characters a little more, other then that I really liked it!
ReplyDeleteThis presentation was very well done, I felt you both knew a lot about the group and what this group stood for. It was really interesting to listen to because I am a very big fan of rap music and it is nice to learn a little about past groups. I learned that Ice Cube left the group because of their manager, I did not know that before hearing you talk about this. One thing that could be improved is to talk about how the group formed and their backstory, other than that great job.
ReplyDeleteI really liked this presentation, and it was very relevant to me because I had just watched Straight Outta Compton the night before! I thought your explanation of the controversy surrounding them was very clear and interesting. I also enjoyed the interview with Ice Cube and music comparison clips. One thing that I thought could have been added to the presentation was a little information about what the members are up to today. Obviously everyone knows about Ice Cube, but not the others.
ReplyDeleteI had heard of Straight Outta Compton, but never knew the group behind the album. Very well done presentation, very informative. It’s interesting to hear about the controversy between the group members and see where they are today. Overall, you guys did an awesome job. The only thing I would pick at is the speed of your presenting. You guys seemed to rush through a little bit, which, didn’t impact the presentation by much, but it did impact it some.
ReplyDeleteAlthough rap is one of my favorite music genres, I knew very little about the group NWA before this presentation. I had heard the name of the group and had even listened to their music without realizing that it was NWA, but I never knew anything about the backstory behind them. I was quite surprised that the FBI was success full in censoring the group because it goes against very basic constitutional rights in freedom of expression. I would have thought that this would have been brought to court since it prevented the group from having their music aired on radio and kept them away from a very large music market at the time, reducing their potential revenue dramatically. Overall I thought that your presentation was very good and well thought out. The only thing I could criticize is that the comparison was made between them and a much less known group. I would have compared them to a more known rap group of the time.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I only knew about NWA through Straight Outta Compton, but after this presentation, I felt very informed about how iconic they were. I did not know that this was the first group with the "parental advisory: explicit content" label on it because of the language. One thing that I would have done differently would be to have more of a pronounced conclusion, but still, awesome job!!!
ReplyDeleteI am defanitly a fan of NWA i loved the movie you guys talked about in your presentation. I thought you had good information to support what you guys where talking about. I did feel like you could have maybe found more stories about them and how they where contorversal.
ReplyDeleteGood job, I didn't know that the NWA had the first parental advisory. Your presentation was very captivating, and I liked how you dealt with all the profanity. Maybe you could have not given us a paper because it was only used once and was only used to prove one point. It was cool that they spoke out against racial discrimination.
ReplyDelete