For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

I really enjoyed your guys' presentation, I didn't know that The Sugar Hill Gang sang the song "Apache", I also learned that they were the first rap group! The only thing that I think would help your presentation is to prepare the YouTube videos before you start so we don't have to sit through the ads, other than that you guys kept me engaged the whole time!
ReplyDeleteI really liked your presentation on the Sugarhill Gang. The first video was great and entertaining. Your description of how they changed music was great as well. I also learned the they made the first rap song. The comparison to todays music was the best part. I guess my only complaint would be to just maybe add more information next time because your topic was very interesting to me. Great job!
ReplyDeleteBoth of you did such a great job! I did not know anything about The Sugar Hill Gang until this presentation. I thought it was interesting that they were the first rap group, and I did not realize how familiar I was with some of their songs. However, I would have liked to hear more information about their history. But, you put together an awesome presentation!!!
ReplyDeleteI liked your guys presentation. I had never heard of the Sugar Hill Gang before but I have heard there music before and just didn't know it was them. I liked your examples of how they "Sparked the era of Rap". Also, I liked how you showed us the video of famous artists talking about the controversy the group had. I thought it really helped explain it. In addition, if you were to present again I might suggest talking in more depth on how they created there music and how they decided to call it rap. All in all, great presentation.
ReplyDeleteI did not know much about the Sugar Hill Gang before your presentation, so it was very interesting! I’ve heard some of their songs, but did not actually know who it was. I especially did not know they were the first rap group, and the whole controversy with stealing the song “Rapper’s Delight.” For the next time, your slides were a bit wordy, so just try to bullet point short phrases, or even just one word to help guide you through the presentation.
ReplyDeleteI knew very little about the Sugar Hill Gang. I think it's really interesting how rap has evolved into what it is today. I would suggest a few more modern day examples to compare to. Other than that, great presentation!
ReplyDeleteI really liked learning about the first real rap group. I didn't know anything about them at the beginning of the presentation, so it was super interesting to learn about. I liked how you compared the first real rap songs to the rap songs that we have in our mainstream culture today, and how much it really has evolved over the years. One thing I would do differently would maybe be trying to flow your points together a little more. Overall, awesome job!
ReplyDeleteIt’s interesting to see how rap has changed from this funky, clean rap to the more vulgar and intense rap. You guys did a great job, the only thing I would say needed improvement was maybe more info on the conclusion.
ReplyDeleteGuys, I think you guys did a great job on your presentation. I especially like the music videos you included. I hadn't realized that Sugar Hill Gang was responsible for starting the new genre of music. One thing I would have liked to see is images on the comparison slide of how Sugar Hill impacted pop culture. Otherwise, well done!
ReplyDeleteI really liked the musical example that you guys gave for the SugarHill gang. I love the song “Apache” because I have heard it before. It is very interesting to see the difference between old rap and new rap. Personally I like old rap better because in my eyes, new rap just has the same lyrics: money, gang and sex. It gets super repetitive. One thing I would add would be more examples to modern day rap groups. You gave one but it would be interesting to see 1 more.
ReplyDeleteI think you guys did a great presentation. I didn't know about all the drama behind the group which was very interesting. Also the music videos you included were very beneficial to the presentation. The only thing I would change is a little more information about how they ended the group but overall good job!
ReplyDeleteIts interesting to listen back on how relatively tame rap music was when it was first basically created by The Sugar Hill Gang. I didn't know that rap was innovated by just one group so much but I also didn't know that this genre of music came to be so recently. One thing I think you could have improved upon was the conclusion to the group, like how they disbanded and if it was peaceful, things like that, great job otherwise.
ReplyDeleteI loved the use of music and video. Maybe the body of your presentation could have been better. I didn't know that they made rappers delight. It was cool how they were inspiration for other rappers. I liked how you related them to NWA.
ReplyDeleteI had never heard of this group before even though I recognized the songs, I really enjoyed learning about them. My favorite part of the presentation was learning about this groups impact on culture and society. They created a new genre of music that brought everyone together. I also enjoyed seeing the comparison between them and The Migos, it’s crazy to see and hear the differences. One thing to improve on is having a conclusion to wrap everything up and end the presentation. All in all it was a good presentation.
ReplyDeleteBefore this presentation, I had never heard about The Sugar Hill Gang, so it was interesting to learn about the group for the first time. I liked how you were able to include clips from the songs within the presentation because helped give me a better idea of what their music is really like. One thing that I think could have been improved was the amount of wording you used on the slides so you may want to keep it a little more simple in the future. Aside from this one minor thing, I did not see any problems with the presentation, so good job!
ReplyDelete