Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Chapter 8

While reading chapter 8 I began to gain a better understanding of what a critical essay truly is. It was interesting to me that it is basically just analyzing a text or paper. I liked the example on page 330 where it shows you where an interpretation is and where the evidence is that backs it up. I think this chapter did a good job of explaining how to polish and revise work and find what you did wrong in the first place. This chapter did a really good job of explaining what a critical essay is and the different parts of one.

Another thing I liked was the idea of starting with a sketch the moving to a draft. Many people start with a draft and just try to get done as fast as possible, but good writing takes time and I like the Author's point about starting even before a rough draft. After completing the final draft go through a bit of analysis which everyone should do when writing a paper. Overall this chapter helped my understanding of a critical essay which I found very helpful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.