For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

Excellent job, guys! I never knew about the elephant’s foot. What an interesting topic. The one flaw I found was in the video. The video demonstrated the looks of the nuclear plant, but could’ve maybe showed something about the inner mechanisms of the plant, or the layout of Chernobyl now. All in all, fantastic job!
ReplyDeleteGood job! Your presentation contained many good facts, evidence, and images that explained the cause and effects of the disaster. The elephant’s foot, causes of radiation, and how in occurred were very interesting. Maybe could have discussed a couple points of why the incident was iconic, but good job!
ReplyDeleteOverall good presentation Hunter and Derrick! I didn't even know this event existed so everything you guys said was new information to me! I learned about how the explosion actually happened and I was interested in the amount of deaths it caused. The only criticism I have is that some of the explanations were hard to follow when you guys were explaining the atoms and all of the things that contributed to the explosion maybe next time you could "dumb" it down a little, other than that it was easy to follow.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job guys! I loved that you chose this topic for your presentation. I've always found this disaster fascinating because of the amount of power or danger that still exists there today, all these years later. It's crazy. I felt like you did a good job narrowing in on the important reasons as to why the explosion happened. I can imagine there was far more in the explanation but you did well with what you could. One thing I would have liked to know is how do the workers building the Arc protect themselves if the site is still so radio active?
ReplyDeleteAll in All, job well done!
I really enjoyed your guys presentation, I thought your use of facts and the way you explained everything was great it really helped me understand the topic. I felt you guys used facts to help make your audience remember and take in your topic. I thought your intro could have used a little work I thought maybe you guys were a little quite.
ReplyDeleteI thought that this presentation was very informative. I didn't know anything about the Chernobyl Disaster prior to your presentation, so I thought it was very interesting to hear about for the first time. One thing that I noticed was that it was never clearly stated as to why this event was iconic. Aside from this, I did not see any problems with the presentation and I thought it was very well put together.
ReplyDeleteYou guys did really good! I had not even heard anything about Chernobyl until this presentation and I cannot believe that it isn't a more talked about topic. I really liked learning about the elephants foot I thought that fact was crazy! I also liked the modern day comparisons as it was easier for me to understand the whole topic. One thing I wish could have been covered would be how the world reacted when this disaster happened and the social impacts of it. Overall it was an awesome presentation!
ReplyDeleteGreat presentation, I was always fascinated about the Chernobyl disaster. I thought you guys had a wonderful introduction. I didnt know what people still lived in Chernobyl even with all the radiation. Maybe next time you present you could speak up, it was hard to hear at time what you were saying.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the presentation you guys gave. It really seemed like you guys knew all the information and presented it very well. There was a lot of big takeaways from your presentation and I definitely learned something from the presentation. One thing I would have enjoyed would have been speaking up a bit, being in the back of the classroom it was a little hard to hear at times but other than that you guys did a great job.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed learning more about Chernobyl! This presented was executed very well, and explained in a simple way that, at least, allowed me to understand! It was also explained clearly! You both knew the information very well! I learned a lot from this presentation, and I am interested in more after hearing you guys. One thing that I would have liked to know was more about what life is like in Chernobyl now, something that you briefly talked about. Great job to the both of you!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys had a great presentation about The Chernobyl Disaster! I felt like you both did a lot of research (or had really good knowledge prior). I thought the Elephant's Foot was really interesting- I never knew how much this event impacted the society until you explained information about the Elephant's Foot.
ReplyDeleteI would have liked to know more background info about how this was so iconic, but I really learned a lot of information and you were very knowledgable about this event. Great job!
I thought your guys’ presentation was very informative and entertaining! I didn’t know much about the Chernobyl incident other than the initial cause. One of my favorite parts of it was learning about the “elephant’s foot”. The fact that the government lets people near something so dangerous to people and their future children was surprising to me. In my opinion the presentation was a little long but it covered a lot of information so its understandable. One thing I think you could have added was information on people’s opinions of the situation, hearing an interview from someone who lives in the city or likewise would have been pretty interesting.
ReplyDeleteGreat presentation. I think that all of the information in the presentation was interesting. I had heard about this event before but i didnt know that much about it. I think its crazy how much of a danger the site still is. I never knew that the elephants foot had located above a spring and if it falls in it will explode again. One thing I think you could improve on is explaining exactly how the Chernobyl disaster was iconic.
ReplyDeleteI liked the presentation because it seemed like they were very educated on the topic, which helped the audience gain a lot of useful knowledge on the topic. One thing Id say that you guys could've done differently was talk about how it was iconic, obviously the disaster was heard around the world. I just thought that there was a lot of facts being told to the audience, so it was a lot to take in. This isn't negative or mean because I learned a lot. Just something you could do differently in the future Overall good presentation.
ReplyDeleteI feel that you did a great job of stating factual information about Chernobyl. I had not learned much about the disaster and nuclear power plants as well. In addition, if you were to present again I would say to maybe organize your presentation a little more and explain in detail why it was iconic.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting presentation! You guys did a really good job explaining in my opinion a hard topic. I especially liked the pictures you included to help explain what happened and why it happened. Although I thought it was scientifically informative I think one thing to improve on is being specific and clear about what is iconic about this event. All in all I enjoyed this presentation!
ReplyDeleteGood Job Hunter and Derrick. It was very interesting and informative. Some things you guys did well was you had good explanation on what happened and how reactors worked. You gave background on where it happened, why it happened, and the impact it had. Some constructive criticism I have for you is to give more information on the impact it had on people everywhere and why it is iconic to us. Go more in depth on the impact it had on families that had to deal with loss. Overall, Great job you guys.
ReplyDeleteGreat job guys! Personally I had no idea what chernobyl was before your presentation. I wanted to commend you guys for making me understand a topic that I didn't have any background on! One thing I would have liked to know was more on the after math of the impact like what happened to the residents, were they compensated for having to up and leave their lives? Anyways, you guys presented very well.
ReplyDelete