Thursday, November 29, 2018

Chapter 8 Review

While reading Chapter 8, I think the part that was most interesting to me was the  essay “Lullaby” by Leslie Maon Silko. This essay was very interesting because it described a Native American woman reflecting on her life in her old age. This story was full of loss for the main character, Ayah. I think that although it was very tragic, it was significant that the author chose to include a scene that showed the mistreatment of Native Americans and how the “white men” took advantage of their limited knowledge of English. In the end, it was very moving how despite everything her and her husband, Chato, have been through, Ayah ends with saying that they are “together always”.
Overall, I think this chapter was one of the most informative because thinking critically is an important life skill and can also be applied when it comes to writing papers if done correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.