Thursday, November 29, 2018
Ch.8 Reflection - Jordon Frye
Chapter 8 was different to me. As I had never really learned about critcal essays before. Reading Marmon Silko's "Lullaby", really helped me see what she meant throughout her story. I really empathized with Ayah. Especially when hearing of Jimmie's death and how she handled it. It reminded of me of when my grandmother had passed, and, rather than telling me exactly what had happened, my dad told me she wouldn't come around anymore. At the time, I was very young and could not have heard it any other way, and I believe that Ayah is similar to that. Although she was not exactly young, hearing that Jimmie was not coming home anymore, as opposed to hearing that he died, may have been easier for her to accept. This short story was easier to connect with than Gen's story "Who's Irish?".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.