Thursday, November 29, 2018

Chapter 8 Reflection- Eleni Smock

The big question for this chapter eight is: What might it mean? Critical essays need this question to go deeper into the text and to really analyze what the topic explains, even if it is on a photograph or animal behavior, examples that are pulled from page 286. I thought it was very interesting that the text explained that critical essays are in every subject. The obvious English essays are one of them, and writing about your lab in Biology is a very uncommon one that you typically look over. Out of the two short essays, I liked Lullaby by Marmon Silko. It was very lyrical, but also filled with a lot of intense emotion. I did not like the second text, Irish as much because it was very sporadic and hard to focus on what she was explaining in the story. I did like though how it was like being in a conversation with the narrator, but it was hard to follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.