Thursday, November 1, 2018

Comments for Holly and Phillip: Michael Jackson

For your comments on Presentations:

Write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?

Is there constructive criticism that would help this group?  What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?

Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.



18 comments:

  1. Great job on your presentation, guys! I really loved your use of video to compare Bruce Springsteen to Michael. The only thing I would give criticism on was maybe the origin of him. Maybe next time, try to introduce the subject’s origin a little more. Other than that, what a great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! I liked the points that Michael doesn’t fit into a specific genre, the significance of Thriller, and the comparison to Bruce Springsteen. I also enjoyed the videos; they worked well and were entertaining. Maybe could have included a more negative or controversial reason why he is iconic to show the other side of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job guys! I really enjoyed the fact that you listed all of Michaels dance moves. He was a brilliant performer so I appreciated your emphasis on that. While I agree that Michael has some of the all-time best music in American history, I would argue that much of his scandalous life and untimely death is a big reason for his iconic status. I would have liked to have heard more about that.
    It was cool that you mentioned, "No set genre he fit into." I actually didn't know that about Michael so it was cool to learn that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was entertaining to watch your guys presentation. I thought you described his life and how he was an icon very well and I applaud you for doing that. his dance moves was a very good point and I thought the clip you showed was perfect. I think when you guys where describing his clothing maybe could have used different pictures to more explain how he has changed the cloths game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that your presentation was good because it was very straightforward in the way that you presented the information. I thought that the way you used the videos was very purposeful and were visual representations of some of the things you discussed in the presentation. One thing that I did notice was that there was not a conclusion of any kinda at the end of the presentation. This is just one small and simple fix, but overall I enjoyed the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys did an awesome job on your presentation. My favorite part was the way that when comparing Michael Jackson to Bruce Springsteen you were actually able to make your own comparison video. It was really cool to visualize their differences. I also liked how you were able to hi light the main points that are also still relevant today! Maybe next time you could add a conclusion to just wrap the presentation up! Overall, it was a super good presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didnt think that you guys had a dull moment in your presentation. The videos you used were very fun and informative. I didnt know that Michael was one of the people who popularized MTV. Maybe next time you present come up with a better conclusion. It was very hard to tell it was over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job guys! I really enjoyed your guy's presentation. The only real thing I thought you guys should have touched on was, like Mike said, Micheal Jackson's darker side. It would have gave more to think about in my opinion. Other than that, I thought you guys did a great job summarizing Micheal and his legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the presentation you guys gave because I love all types of music so it was enjoyable to listen to. The presentation was very fun and informative which made it a lot more enjoyable. One thing that could have been explained more was the fact that Michael had a skin change, I feel like this was a pretty iconic moment in his career and pretty important. Other than this one thing the presentation was very well executed. Good job guys

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed learning more about Michael Jackson, and I definitely learned new information that I did not know before this presentation. I loved watching the videos that you provided! One thing that I thought could have been explained more was the negative reasons that made him iconic. He was a controversial artist, and it definitely made who he was, as well as the positive. I really enjoyed this presentation, good job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was such a good presentation! I learned a lot of new information about Michael Jackson and how he was iconic. He really inspired other artists in how they perform. I thought it was very unique that you compared him to Bruce Springsteen. It made it more concrete how the two were in the same time period of music but had differences, too.
    I would have liked to see more of his personal life and what really led him to the spotlight- including all of the negative things that occurred in his life. But, I truly enjoyed learning about Michael Jackson through your presentation, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked your guys presentation. I liked how you guys included the video with micheal Jackson doing his iconic dance moves. I knew he was in the Jackson 5 when he started but I didn’t know that he did musical genres other than pop and that his music doesn’t fit into just one genre. I do have to ask though, do you think that he is more memorable now because of his controversy in his later years or do you think he is more memorable because of his music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually had no clue that Michael Jackson was an alleged pedophile, so I was surprised to hear that when they were presenting and that was the most interesting part to me. I also really liked how the videos stayed on topic and didn’t feel like they were used as a time extender. However, one thing I think they could have done to improve is add a conclusion slide, it helps wrap together the addressed ideas, for the presenters and the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed the presentation about Michael Jackson. I thought that it was very informative in the sense that I learned a couple of things. It was good that you kept the slides short and didn't really read from anything. One thing that you guys maybe could've done to improve is a few more major fact about the icon, like how he literally changed races. Other than missing a couple main points, the presentation was good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought that your use of the dance moves video was great. Also the comparison between Bruce and Michael was very intriguing. I had never known that Michael had started at Soul music as well. In addition, if you were to present again I'd suggest that you shorten the video a little.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really liked the way this presentation was set up it, the main points were very clear and specific. I also enjoyed the comparison and my favorite part was learning about his flashy socks, I never realized that he wore them to draw attention to his feet and dancing. One thing I think can be improved is the length of the videos, some of them felt long and repetitive. All in all a good presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked your presentation a lot. Some things you guys did well was you had a strong background on Michael Jackson and the impact he made on society with his music and style. I really liked your use of videos to show his moves. Some constructive criticism I have for you guys is that you guys had strong comparison between Michael Jackson and Bruce Springstein, but connect MJ to your own life and explain the impact he had on you. Tell a story and explain why he is important to you. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi guys, your presentation was great! I really like that your slides were clear and concise! I liked your points as well. The video you included to show us the dance moves. I was also really shocked to hear that he used his socks purposely so people would look at his feet. That was so interesting. One thing that I think would enhance your presentation was more comparison pictures of the fashion just so we could actually see Rihanna and Lady Gaga rocking the fashion. Other than that you guys did great.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.