Thursday, November 29, 2018

Ch.8 reflection by Hunter Hires

Ch.8 was a lot of fun to read and very thought provoking. At the beginning the chapter talks about critical thinking and it brought up a point that I really agree with. On page 286 paragraph 1, there’s a quote that goes like this “Why do we have to analyze literature to death? Isn’t it enough that its just a good story?” (Ballenger 286). I half agree with this quote because sometimes I feel that a lot of people just dig to deeply into pieces of literature and we sometimes miss the point and we aren’t enjoying a fun story. On the other hand though, sometimes it is better i we dig deep because we can find out something more deep. On page 285, the author brings up the example of Ernest Hemingway “For sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.” (Ballenger 285). This chapter brought up a lot of deep provoking ideas and that’s why I enjoyed it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.