Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Comments for Hannah and Emilee: Beethoven

For your comments on Presentations:

Write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?

Is there constructive criticism that would help this group?  What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?

Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

15 comments:

  1. This presentation was very informative and I learned that Beethoven actually ended up being deaf. This is so mind blowing to me that he could still produce such beautiful music and not even hear what he is composing. The only piece of constructive criticism I have is that your slides were a little bit wordy so maybe next time you could limit the amount of context on your slides and just talk to the audience! Other than that great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had always heard about Beethoven but I had never took the time to actually find out who he was and why he was famous. I really liked how in your presentation you gave great evidence like the break down of his music and how he broke tradition with his very dramatic and emotional style of music. What I learned from the presentation was how Beethoven fought adversity by creating music even though he went deaf. In addition, if you were to present again I suggest that you could maybe talk more about how Beethoven produced his music once he became deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned a lot from your guys' presentation! I knew about Beethoven, but I like how your presentation went more in depth into his life and how he was iconic in music. One thing that I thought was very interesting was that when he ran out of sheet music, he tore off wallpaper to be able to keep on writing and not waste time on spending time getting new paper. For constructive criticism, your slides did have too much information on it, so maybe try bullet points with simple key words for the next presentation! Nice work you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, the way you talked about this information made a topic I’m generally uninterested in entertaining so props to you for doing that. One of the parts I liked the most was the side-by-side comparison of the music of other significant musicians of the time. It made us notice the smaller nuances in their music and appreciate them more. One thing I thought you could have improved on is your slide length. Information should mostly come from the speaker rather than reading them from a slide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't learned about Beethoven since elementary school so this was a nice refresher. I really enjoyed this presentation, specifically I liked how everything tied together and flowed really nicely. My favorite part of the presentation was learning about his background and hearing his music. One thing I learned was that he struggled from mental illness. The only thing I would suggest is using bullet points instead of sentences on your slides but all in all it was a great presentation!


    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked how you talked about Beethoven’s mental and physical problems and how you talked about how that inspired him for a lot of his music. Like, the reason why hid music was super emotional and fury driven was because he was angry at the world and he used that to his advantage. I remember having to watch a movie in 2nd grade about a kid who’s next door neighbor is Beethoven and how Beethoven helps the kid regain his confidence and become a successful musical career. The only thing I would recommend is just to speak up a little bit more because you guys got quiet at some parts but this was a super interesting presentation nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladies I really enjoyed your presentation of Beethoven. First, I legit had no idea his name was Ludwig. Kind of a weird name. Second, I liked how you broke down the way a sonata works. That was helpful in your explanation of Beethoven breaking the barriers of traditional classic music. Finally, the comparison video was great. You could really hear the difference in the composers style.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed the presentation you guys gave. I didn't know that he kept performing and writing music after he went completely deaf, but I think that it is crazy that he was that good of a musician to keep doing what he loved. One thing I think you could have maybe touched on more was what caused all of his mental illness and depression.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked this presentation because of the fact that I'm not very informed about this kind of music. I really learned a lot. I really liked how you guy's touched on the subject of his personal problems like being deaf and having mental illness. One thing I would recommend for future power points is slide lengths, try to keep it shorter and just elaborate on the points! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed your presentation! I never knew that Beethoven was deaf, so that was extremely interesting. I thought your description of his mental illness, daily struggles, and death were great. I also enjoyed the comparison to Mozart. My only recommendation would be the explain how it was even possible for him to compose such great music while being deaf. I don't really understand how he did it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only things I knew about Beethoven was that he was deaf and made music, Learning things such as Mozart was his role model and that he was German were very interesting to learn about. I would have liked to have seen more information on how he could “feel” the music and how he could do this while being deaf. Great job, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys did wonderful! You made a topic that to me at first glance seems boring very interesting! I was engaged your entire presentation I never knew about his struggle during his childhood. But it makes sense that his music is darker than most other pianists during his time. The only other thing I would have liked to know about was how the old fashioned pianos affected him playing deaf. But that is the only thing I can think of great job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys did great, i really learned a lot about your guy Beethoven, you guys had great slides that went well with what you where talking about. But i did feel like you looked at your note card a little to much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed your presentation! I had limited knowledge about Beethoven beforehand so I learned a lot. The thing I was most interested to learn was that Beethoven continued to write songs even after he lost his hearing. One thing that I think could have been improved is that there were a lot of words on each of the slides, so you may want to simplify them into shorter points in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked how you contracted him to Mozart. Maybe your conclusion could have been better. I didn't know that Beethoven still made music even when he was deaf. Also, I didn't know that he bridged the gap between the classical and romantic ages.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.