Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

I really enjoyed your guys' presentation, I loved how passionate you were on the subject and I could tell you guys really think Jackie Robinson is an icon. I learned that Jackie Robinson was the first athlete to ever have their number officially retired. The only constructive criticism I have is to try to not read directly off of the slides! Other than that I loved the presentation and it was probably the best one yet!
ReplyDeleteI really liked your presentation. The comparison to Kenny Washington was great. The video clip also shows the impact of being first African American MLB player. I also learned that he became a political figure for equal rights. The movie clip was also great. My only constructive criticism is to read just a little less off the slide. Good job!
ReplyDeleteGreat presentation! I knew who Jackie Robinson was, but I didn't know his back story as to why he is iconic. I liked how you organized this presentation, it was easy to follow for me. I also liked your enthusiasm throughout the presentation, which made your presentation fun for the audience. Maybe next time, just summarize what the slide states, but awesome job!!
ReplyDeleteI thought the presentation was very interesting! I knew Jackie Robinson and his contribution to sports and fighting against racial discrimination but your presentation informed me of some new information! I did not know that Jackie’s brother was associated with Jesse Owens, and that he was a big inspiration to Jackie. I really liked the comparison to Kenny Washington. It was really interesting to find out that they went to the same college. But, I would have like to know more about his sports career and more of why he was iconic in that atmosphere. Other than that, great job!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea who Jackie Robinson was before this presentation. I thought you guys did a really great job at explaining his backstory and contributions. The only thing I would recommend would be to go into more depth on how he was raised, since I think it was only slightly touched on. Good job guys!
ReplyDeleteI really loved your presentation and I thought that you guys really did a great job on it! I loved the enthusiasm that you showed as well as the video clips. I feel like the snippet of the movie really helped show his impact! I would have liked to know more about how the pubic reacted when Jackie was put in to play in the majors. Overall awesome project!
ReplyDeleteGreat presentation, it was very well executed and you guys really knew what you were presenting to the class. I did not know he was a Vice President for a coffee company. Jackie Robinson really was an all around athlete and a great person to look up to. Maybe try giving more info on how Jackie died.
ReplyDeleteFantastic presentation, guys. It was very interesting to learn about Jackie. Great comparison, too. I honestly can’t think of something that could’ve been better. Great job!
ReplyDeleteGuys, although Jackie Robinson is a public and sports icon. I can't say I knew much about him. I learned a lot from your presentation, there were multiple interesting points. In the future, maybe just shorten up the slides slightly and give a little more about his life after baseball and how he passed away. Good job!
ReplyDeleteExcellent work guys! My favorite part of the presentation was your enthusiasm for the topic/person. It made the presentation much more entertaining. The quotes were on point and all the information was well put together. There is nothing I would critique in this presentation! Well done!
ReplyDeleteI think you guys did a great job illustrating Jackie Robinson’s importance. He is a very influential figure in terms of fighting against discrimination and baseball. I liked how you guys gave a clip from the movie “42” and I didn’t realize it at the time but I think Jackie Robinson was played by Chadwick Boseman, the same guy who played Black Panther.
ReplyDeleteThis was a great presentation. You guys were very enthusiastic about Jackie and it made the time very entertaining. I didn't know he had such good stats as i'm not really a baseball fan so that was cool to learn. One tiny thing I would change is to try to not read directly from the slides but overall good job guys.
ReplyDeleteI think you guys did a good job of telling us who Jackie Robinson was, I did not know anything about him besides his name before you spoke, so I am happy to say I learned a few things. One thing that could have been improved was a little less information on the slides so that what you are saying to us feels less practiced and read off the slides, you may slip up once or twice on your thoughts but sounding more natural definitely makes up for that.
ReplyDeleteYou guys had a great massage at the end of the presentation. Maybe you could have talked more about his personal life and his professional life. I didn't know that he was in the military, and had a big impact on all races. It was cool to find out that his brother got silver in track at the Olympics.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this presentation! When I hear the name Jackie Robinson I automatically think iconic so I'm glad you guys chose this topic. My favorite part was your videos, they were very relevant and timed well. I also enjoyed the use of quotes, it makes the presentation personable. One thing I think can be improved is the comparison, maybe make it a little more specific or explain it more. All in all a great presentation!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this presentation. I think that the best part about it was that you both seemed to have a lot of knowledge on the subject and were really passionate about it. I think that one thing that could have been improved is that you could have used shorter slides and only include the essential points. Overall it was a great presentation.
ReplyDelete