For your comments on Presentations:
Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might
have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least
polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

I liked how you guys made the presentation engaging by making jokes and just making the subject entertaining. I didn’t know that the slinky was made by accident, that is so interesting to me! Some constructive criticism that I have is to not have the disclaimers in the beginning of your presentation, you automatically gave us a reason to not pay attention because you said it didn’t compare to the previous presentations, be confident and don’t discredit your presentation before it even starts.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your presentation. What I liked the most about it were the crazy facts about the creator and how the slinky was actually invented. I had never known that the slinky had been invent by accident and in turn I found that fact very interesting. In addition, if you were to present again you could maybe add in the different designs of different manufactured slinky and the other materials that they are made out of today.
ReplyDeleteIt was very interesting learning about the Slinky. I have never known about how the Slinky was invented, even though I had a Slinky when I was growing up. But, I would have liked to known about more of the Slinky's progression in pop culture and how it is doing today.
ReplyDeleteI thought your presentation was really good and I like that you had a sense of humor throughout the presentation. My favorite thing would probably be how you incorporated the commercial. I also didn't know all of the other uses of the slinky so I thought that was super neat to hear about. One thing I would have liked to hear more about would be how the slinky is doing today. Is it still as popular? Are they doing well as a business? Overall super good job.
ReplyDeleteThis was such a fun topic! I really liked learning about the applications of the slinky and the types of toys that were made. My favorite part was learning about how the slinky was invented, its so crazy to think that it was an accident that made millions of dollars. The one thing I wish was included in the presentation was a comparison to anther iconic toy or something else relevant. All in all it was a good presentation!
ReplyDeleteThis was such a weird topic but I had a lot of fun listening to the presentation partly because I had a few slinky’s growing up and I didn’t know that there would actually be a interesting origin story to a one dollar toy. I found it really interesting how the slinky was invented accidentally because it makes me wonder how history would have changed if the guy didn’t accidentally knock over the wire off his desk. The one complaint I had was that you guys didn’t really compare the slinky to another iconic toy of its time. Like a great comparison would have been the Rubix’s cube or the DS.
ReplyDeleteWhen I initially saw that you were doing a presentation on the slinky, I wondered exactly how you would approach it, since it is an object rather than a person or event. However, after watching the presentation I was very impressed with the information that you were able to find as well as the execution. One thing that I liked most about this presentation is that you shared the backstory of how the slinky was created, which I thought was very interesting. One thing that I wish you would have done is add a little bit more information regarding the slinky and how it is iconic still today, rather than just focusing on the past.
ReplyDeleteAndrew & Dylan, Great job on the Slinky presentation! I wasn't sure how you would tackle such a simple object but it turns out there was plenty to be said on it. I especially liked the commercial video you played, funny. I know you said they were originally a $1.00 but one thing I would have liked to know was the cost today vs. the cost back then. Otherwise you guys did awesome!
ReplyDeleteReally interesting presentation and well executed. It seemed like you guys really knew what you were talking about. I thought it was crazy that the inventor of the slinky later joined a cult and left his family and his company. I really enjoyed listening to your presentation and learning a little more about one of my childhood toys. The only thing I can think of is to try to speak a little hard, it was a little hard to hear from the back of the room.
ReplyDeleteGuys, I really enjoyed your presentation. I found it extremely informative, I've always been a fan of the slinky. It seemed as if you guys had a lot of knowledge over the subject which kept me engaged. One thing I'd change for the future is talking about how popular it is today and how the sales are. Nice job.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your presentation! I found it to be very funny and entertaining for a project about a toy. I thought you guys had a great description of the slinky's popularity, cheapness, science/school applications, and the explanation of how it was a simple yet advanced toy for its time. I wish that some more information had been added about the cult as that was very crazy and interesting. However, I do realize that finding information about cults is difficult. Good job!
ReplyDeleteYou guys did an excellent job of providing us with information we all probably did not know about the Slinky. I thought the videos you guys included really helped explain how they’re made and why they were popular. It would have been nice to have had some more info about the wife and her thoughts on taking over the company, but the presentation was great as it was.
ReplyDeleteGreat presentation. I really like how you included your sense of humor to lighten up the presentation. I thought all of the information you included was very good. You did a great job of showing how the slinky was iconic. The only thing I think could have been slightly better was the flow of the presentation. It felt kind of unorganized at some points. Other than that I thought it was a really solid presentation, good job.
ReplyDeleteGood job guys! I never new that the slinky was made out of an accident that is very interesting to learn! I think you guys did great with the humor aspect that is something we haven't really seen in the previous presentations. I do however think you got a little carried away with the cult information it was interesting to think about but it wasn't really relevant towards the reasons the slinky is iconic. But you guys did a good job despite that!
ReplyDeleteYou're presentation was really interesting! I remember getting a slinky in my Christmas stocking one year, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever! I enjoyed learning about the background and history of the slinky, and you did a great job of explaining why it is iconic. I also liked the video you showed that showed how the slinky was made, and the commercial, that was stuck in my head for a few hours. However, I would have liked to have known more information about how the slinky is doing today. I think it might have been mentioned in the Q& A, but not in the presentation. Great job!!!
ReplyDelete***your presentation
DeleteYour guys presentation was super entreating i really enjoyed learning about the slinky you guys brought up a lot of facts that where interesting and kept me entertained. I thought you had good use of clips. I thought maybe you may have dragged some topics out a little longer than you should.
ReplyDelete