Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Brainstorming Topics for Essay Three. From Mike Lohre

Please post your best three ideas for Essay Three here below this post, using the Comments feature.  Post your three ideas, and then tell us which one is your favorite of the three, and why.

Thanks, and look forward to your ideas!

Mike

22 comments:

  1. 1. What are the benefits of counting your macros? How do I start counting my macros?
    This topic is my favorite because this is something I have been looking into and see all over instagram based on the pages I look at and I really do want to know more about it so I can implement it into my life.
    2. How do sports affect your body later in life?
    3. How does addiction work? Can people have will power of their substance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first and most interesting idea of mine is: The argument for hunting. In today’s world, hunting is viewed as a negative concept with no reason for its existence. I’m interested to research this and see whether hunting should be banned or allowed. My other ideas are: Are zoos humane? Followed by my last idea: Is technology going too far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.) Football Coach - This is my favorite due to the fact that football coaches all over the nation have lasting impacts on the kids they coach and I feel that my own Coach Cook has done the same for me and I would love to share about him.
    2.) Is baseball harder to play than softball?
    3.) Review over the Lenovo Legion Y720

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Why Teslas are better than Electric cars: I would like to do more research on Tesla and the company. I am interested in this topic because I know little on these types of cars and they are really popular today.
    2) Profile on my percussion instructor who fought in Vietnam
    3) Review on iPad Pro

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Should animal testing be banned? - This is my favorite because I have a strong love for animals and want to understand why it is so controversial.
    2) Should we get vaccinations?
    3) Review on Apple's iPhone X

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Is education really what one makes of it? For example could a community college give you the same quality of education as a state school if you utilize the resources?
    2. Profile of my grandma. Her family immigrated to the US when she was five and went into kindergarten knowing how to speak only German
    3. Review of MacBook Air

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. A review on a game called Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
    2. An in depth argument for Apple over Mac products
    3. Argument vs democratic or republican parties
    The one I am most interested in is the game review of AC Odyssey. I have been playing this game at home in my free time and really enjoyed, albeit with the common and occasional problems. I think I know enough about the game or can get more information on the topic if needed. I also know of friends who have played who can offer their view of the game in their own words for an interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assassins Creed RULES, although the movie kinda sucked.

      Delete
  8. 1. Argument ; Should our food be genetically modified? This is my favorite because I feel that its important to be aware of what goes into our bodies and its a topic I don't know a lot about but I have heard a lot of things about so I want to know the truth.
    2. Argument ; Should we vaccinate children?
    3. Review ; The new Bohemian Rhapsody Movie

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.) Argument Are we truly alone in the universe? (The Fermi Paradox)
    2.) Arguement: Should we use nuclear power?
    3.) Review: A t.v. Series titled Avatar: The Last Airbender

    My favorite of the three is my review topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Argument: Teachers are not paid enough for the amount of work that their job requires. -This topic is my favorite because both of my parents have experience as educators, so I have witnessed first hand how much work that they have to do.
    2. The ACT is not an effective method of determining someone's intelligence.
    3. Review of the book "The Beginning of Everything"

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Review of the T.V series “Arrow”
    - This one is my favorite because I have been watching the show since its beginning and it is by far my favorite T.V show ever, even with its really bad episodes from time to time.
    2. Review on “Star wars: The Empire Strikes Back”
    3. Profile of 9/11 through my dad since he was alive during that event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. Argument - DC Comics vs. Marvel
    2. Review - Surface Pro vs MacBook Pro
    3. Profile - Meghan Markle

    My Favorite of these is probably DC Comics vs Marvel. I've seen practically every movie released by both companies in the last 15 years at least twice, others more, so I would love to argue which is better in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. Argument, Does the prison system in the United States actually reform lives?
    2. Profile on my sister who has over 100 tattoos and over 20 piercings and how it affects her life
    3. Review on an eyehsadow palete vs one of a different brand

    I think the argument on prison reform is one of the most interesting topics I could write about. Personally I really want to dig deeper into this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1) Profile on the Marion Country club
    2) Review on the 2016 Presidential election
    3) Argument Lebron James and Michael Jordan- better player

    My number one choice is the profile on the country club. I have a lot of knowledge on the club's history and would be able to write an informative profile about the business with the help of outside resources and research.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1.) Profile on the MLS
    2.) Review on IPhone
    3.) Argument on Crew staying in Columbus
    My favorite out of these is my argument topic. I am a crew fan and for awhile many crew fans were worried about losing their soccer team. This was a very controversial time in Columbus because people were having mixed emotions about the owner and the team.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1) Profile on Connor McGregor
    2) Review of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
    3) Review of Eminem's new album Kamikaze

    My favorite of these topics is reviewing Kamikaze. I am an Eminem fan, and I think it would be fun and interesting to break down and analyze the lyrics of the songs, the impact of the album, and give my opinions on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1) Review the TV show "That 70's Show", talk about the norm of then and how they dressed and talked and what the TV show did to enhance it. Is the rating correct given the topics they hit.
    2) A profile on Matrix Indoor Percussion
    3) Argument of D.C. Comics vs. Marvel Comics

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1 - Band Director. This is my favorite because he had a lasting impact of me while I was in band and he does on so many kids.
    2 - Is Nuclear power a good idea to use in the future?
    3 - How do sports affect your body in the long run?

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1) Profile on local car parts company, ECS Tuning
    2) Argument on the effects of E-cigarettes and Juuls vs smoking tobacco products
    3) review of the movie 'Saving Private Ryan.'
    My favorite one is the argument of E-cigs vs smoking tobacco products because it affects me personally having lost family members to cancer caused by smoking cigarettes and as a nicotine user myself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1) A profile about the daily routine of a local doctor/ nurse/ firefighter/ policeman.
    2) An argument: Does coffee/ chocolate really have lasting health benefits?
    3) A review about the movie "It" in comparison to the original.
    -My favorite of the three would be the profile because I would like to know more in depth what goes through his/ her mind while on duty.
    -I would also like to research about coffee and chocolate and how they have lasting health benefits because I've heard rumors that they protect against cancer and supposedly help you live longer, but I want to know if that can be proven.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.