A story that stands out to me a lot is On The Rainy River, on page 38, Jimmy Cross begins to explain about him being drafted into the war and he talks about how he's so young and he didn't see the purpose of it all. This is how I would feel if something similar happened to me, I would't see the point and I would be mad and angry. Like he states, "once people are dead, you can't make them undead." I feel this so much, he doesn't see a reason for there to be a war, so he doesn't see a reason for these people to be dying. They shouldn't be. And he says about how in college he would have taken a stand against war, I agree with his view on that. It would be nice if everyone could just be nice to each other.
The character that stands out to me would Jimmy Cross, the way he is so determined in loving Martha, even if she doesn't necessarily love him back, or even want to get married in general. Most other people would give up on that person, but he is so stuck on her and he knows that she is the one for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.