Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Exploration 3 by Dylan Brown

1.) My active reading on TTTC has been going well so far. I have been sure to highlight and point out passages , dialogue, or vocabulary I find interesting throughout the book as I read. Marking these key points allows me to analyze them more easily than had I not. Something I noted in the last chapter we read, "The Dentist", was the extreme amount of indirect characterization in it that is actually used throughout the book.

2.) An interesting story in the book was in the chapter "The Things They Carried", when the author talked about every specific thing they carried down to the ounce. It really shows how much they had to burden themselves with throughout their journey physically and mentally and sets the tone for the rest of the book,"In its transitive form, to hump meant to walk, or to march, but it implied burdens far beyond the transitive." (pg. 3).

3.) One character that has stood out to me is Mitchell Sanders. I think that the opening story about him left a lasting impact on me and also showed that this book is a serious representation of war in Vietnam. An interesting quality of his is that he is about our age, he is just thinking of girls and how he is going to have a good time after the war even in the situations he has to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.